The Interior Styling workshop is a relaxed and informative half-day workshop designed to give you all the tools you need to create a beautifully styled home. Learn about basic styling principles from how to unearth your own personal interior style and the importance of colour, proportion and layout.
With an array of beautiful homeware items to practice with, this workshop gives you hands-on experience under the guidance of Interior Designer Kate Gallagher and Stylist Charlie Cameron in a real home setting.
You’ll leave the half-day workshop with an understanding of interior styling principles and plenty of practical tips and tricks to make your own home look beautiful.
Who is this workshop perfect for?
- Anyone wishing to improve their interior styling skills
- People looking for the confidence to freshen up their home themselves using the items they already own
- Anyone looking to add to their home with some new on-trend homewares
- Aspiring interior stylists
What you will learn
1. Interior Design Principles
- A basic understanding of how to use scale and proportion when decorating a room
- How to use colour to create the look you are after
- The importance of layout
2. Interior Styles
- How to determine your own interior style
- Where to look for inspiration
- Mixing and matching interior styles
3. Home Styling
- How to organise your home to enhance your styling
- How to mix texture, pattern and colour
- The art of the vignette
4. Hands-on Practical
- Style areas of a home using a range of homewares from The Assembly Hall’s favourite Singapore shops under the guidance of Charlie and Kate
Duration: 4 hours (including refreshment break)
Time: 9.30am – 1.30pm
Maximum Number of Participants: 10
Pre-Requisites: No pre-requisites
What to Bring: No need to bring anything - all styling items will be provided
Commonly Asked Questions
I’ve never done any interior styling before, will this workshop be suitable?
Yes. You don’t need to have any prior knowledge of interior styling to enjoy this course. During the hands-on practical you will get the chance to have a go under our guidance.
I want to learn how to style the items I already own as I don’t want to spend a lot on new furniture or styling items, will you show me how to do that?
Yes. By learning the principles behind styling you will have confidence to return home and style what you already own.
I need some tips on where to find homewares in Singapore, can you help?
Yes, not only will we pass on the information of our favourite places to shop for homewares online and in Singapore, but you will also have the chance to style using our favourite pieces currently in the market. It’s almost like a try before you buy!
Other workshops you might like