The Interior Styling workshop is a relaxed and practical 4 hour workshop designed to give you all the tools you need to create a beautifully styled home. Unearth your own personal interior style and find out how to create beautiful and considered spaces.
With an array of beautiful homeware items to practice with, this workshop gives you hands-on experience under the guidance of Interior Designer Kate Gallagher and Stylist Charlie Cameron in a real home setting.
You’ll leave the workshop with an understanding of interior styling principles and plenty of practical tips and tricks to make your own home look beautiful.
Who is this workshop perfect for?
- Anyone wishing to improve their interior styling skills
- People looking for the confidence to freshen up their home themselves using the items they already own
- Anyone looking to add to their home with some new on-trend homewares
- Aspiring interior stylists
What you will learn
1. Defining your Style
- How to determine your own interior style
- Where to look for inspiration
- Mixing and matching interior styles
2. Styling Principals
- Learn about proportion, scale, balance and contrast and how they can be applied in your styling
3. How to...
- Style surfaces such as your coffee table, shelves and side console
- Mix texture, pattern and colour
- Choose and display artwork
- Pick the right rug
4. Hands-on Practical
- Style various areas of a home using a range of homewares from The Assembly Hall’s favourite Singapore shops under the guidance of Charlie and Kate
5. Where to...
- Where we shop for homewares and artwork in Singapore and online
- Find out what our favourite styling objects and accessories are and where to get them from
Duration: 4 hours (including refreshment break)
Time: 9.30am – 1.30pm
Maximum Number of Participants: 10
Pre-Requisites: No pre-requisites
What to Bring: No need to bring anything - all styling items will be provided
Commonly Asked Questions
I’ve never done any interior styling before, will this workshop be suitable?
Yes. You don’t need to have any prior knowledge of interior styling to enjoy this course. During the hands-on practical you will get the chance to have a go under our guidance.
I want to learn how to style the items I already own as I don’t want to spend a lot on new styling items, will you show me how to do that?
Yes. By learning the principles behind styling you will have confidence to return home and style what you already own.
I need some tips on where to find homewares in Singapore, can you help?
Yes, not only will we pass on the information of our favourite places to shop for homewares online and in Singapore, but you will also have the chance to style using our favourite pieces currently in the market. It’s almost like a try before you buy!
Other workshops you might like