This special Christmas edition of our Everyday Flowers workshop delivers all the information and practical skills you need to style fresh flowers in your home during the festive season.
The workshop begins at the wholesale flower market, where Kate Gallagher, florist and owner of Floweret Co, provides a personalised tour - from how to read the labels, to which types of flowers stand the test of time so you don’t waste your precious pennies! Kate will introduce you to all the new types of blooms and foliages arriving in the markets leading up to Christmas.
Arriving back at The Assembly Hall you will learn the basics of fun and relaxed flower styling, including how to match the right vase with the right flowers and how to create beautiful floral scenes on your tables for Christmas parties and dinners.
And of course you will be able to take your beautiful blooms home with you at the end of the workshop.
Who is this workshop perfect for?
- Anyone who loves fresh flowers
- People who love to entertain at Christmas time but are seeking inspiration for floral table styling
- Individuals wanting to learn more about how to choose the right flowers for their home, how to style style them, and how to keep them alive for longer
- Anyone who has not yet been to the wholesale flower markets
- Anyone who is tired of wasting money on flowers that only live for a day!
- Individuals who are wanting to explore their creativity and meet with likeminded people
What you will learn
1. The flower market
- An introduction to the layout of the wholesale flower market
- How to choose the freshest flowers
- How to tell which country the flowers are from
- Which flowers are best suited to Christmas styling
2. Everyday flower care
- How to prepare, strip and trim the flowers to keep them alive for longer
3. Styling flowers at home during the Christmas season
- How to arrange flowers in different types of vases and vessels
- Which types of flower and foliage combinations work well together
- How to style your Christmas tables beautifully with fresh flowers
Duration: 4 hours (including refreshment break)
Time: 9.30am - 1.30pm (9.15am meet time at flower markets)
Maximum number people: 10
Prerequisites: No prerequisites. Just a love of blooms!
Cost: $ 195
Commonly Asked Questions
Do I need to bring my own scissors and vases?
No, The Assembly Hall supplies all materials
Can I bring a vase from home if I want to learn how to style it?
Yes, of course!
Will I learn how to make a hand-tied bouquet?
No. This workshop is all about casually styling flowers in your home and is not designed to teach formal floral arranging.
How will I know where to meet at the flower market?
All the information regarding meeting place and how to get there will be provided upon confirmation of your workshop booking.
Do I need to arrange my own transport from the flower market to The Assembly Hall?
Yes. We will meet at the flower market and workshop participants will make their own way to The Assembly Hall upon conclusion of the flower market tour. More information will be provided upon confirmation of your workshop booking.
Can I make a group booking for a special event?
Yes. Please email us at email@example.com to enquire.
Other courses you might like