Join us at Grounded by Common Man Coffee Roasters for a fun 2 hour workshop where you will get to learn all about blooms while sipping delicious coffee! Kate Gallagher, florist and owner of Floweret Co will teach you the basics of relaxed flower styling, give you all the tips and tricks of buying flowers in Singapore, plus how to take care of them so that they last.
During the workshop, you will learn how to match the right vase with the right flowers and how to create beautiful floral scenes for various areas of your home.
A detailed cheat sheet outlining which types of flowers stand the test of time will be provided so you don’t waste your precious pennies down the track. And of course, you will be able to take your styled blooms home with you at the end of the workshop in a beautiful vase.
Who is this workshop perfect for?
- Anyone who loves fresh flowers
- Individuals wanting to learn more about how to choose the right flowers for their home, how to style them, and how to keep them alive longer
- Anyone who is tired of wasting money on flowers that only live for a day!
- Individuals who are wanting to explore their creativity and meet with likeminded people
- Anyone who is looking for a fun activity to do with friends over the weekend
What you will learn
1. Everyday flower care
- How to prepare, strip and trim the flowers to keep them alive longer
2. Styling flowers at home
- How to arrange flowers in different types of vases and vessels
- Which types of flower and foliage combinations work well together
- Which types of flowers are suitable for which occasions
- How to divide up your flowers to create different styling vignettes in the home
Duration: 2 hours
Time: 9.30am - 11.30am
Maximum number people: 10
Prerequisites: No prerequisites. Just a love of blooms!
Cost: $ 120
Commonly Asked Questions
Do I need to bring my own scissors and vases?
No, The Assembly Hall supplies all materials
Can I bring a vase from home if I want to learn how to style it?
Yes, of course!
Will I learn how to make a hand-tied bouquet?
No. This workshop is all about casually styling flowers in your home and is not designed to teach formal floral arranging.
Other courses you might like