The Styling and Photography for Social Media workshop is designed to equip you with the skills and know-how to create beautiful images for your business. Whether it’s for your blog, website or social media channels, learn photography and styling basics and gain all the insider tips and tricks to transform your images into memorable and engaging photos.
Bring your own products, or borrow from our extensive prop range and get hands-on experience with product stylist and photographer, Charlie Cameron.
At the conclusion of the workshop you will have an understanding of basic photography and styling principles and an insight into the editing tools available. More importantly, you will walk away with the confidence to build a portfolio of beautiful, on-brand and engaging images to enhance your business.
Who is this workshop perfect for
- Entrepreneurs needing to create beautifully styled and photographed images for their business
- Bloggers wanting captivating images to compliment their articles
- Small business owners wishing to manage their own social media accounts and increase engagement
- Aspiring product stylists
- Creative individuals interested in photography and styling
What you will learn
1. Basic Photography
- An introduction to photography using your camera on manual mode
- Which lens types to consider
- How to use lighting to enhance your photography
2. Styling 101
- The principles behind successful styling compositions
- How to arrange a flat lay
- How to capture a product in situ
- Learn the editing software options available
- How to use editing software to enhance your images
4. Hands-on Practical
- Bring your own products or use our props to style your own shoot with the support of The Assembly Hall
- Upload your photos and process them using your newly learnt editing tools
Duration: 4 hours (including refreshment break)
Time: 9.30am – 1.30pm
Maximum Number of Participants: 10
Pre-Requisites: A basic knowledge of your camera is useful
What to Bring: Your camera with a fully charged battery and memory card installed. 2. Your smart phone (fully charged) 3. A laptop (or other system) for transferring your photos from your camera to smart phone 4. A small number of items from your business that you would like to use in the hands-on practical styling session (optional)
Commonly Asked Questions
Help! I’m a complete novice with my camera. Can I still attend?
While it is helpful for you to know your way around the basics of your camera it is not a necessity. We can help you to figure your camera out. Just make sure it is charged and has a memory card installed and let us help with the rest.
I only own a smart phone. Can I bring that along instead?
Of course! While a smart phone doesn’t have the functionality of a DSLR camera, the general photography and styling information will still be relevant no matter which camera you are using.
My business is not in homewares, will this course still be relevant for me?
Yes. While our set ups for hands-on practice will mainly involve homewares, the information and practical advice will be relevant whether you are photographing clothes, food or homewares. If there is a styling component required for your images, then this course will be right for you.
I don’t have any product items to bring to use in the hands-on styling session.
That’s OK. We have plenty of props that can be used on the day – either as a compliment to what you bring, or in their entirety.
I don’t yet own any editing software. Is that OK?
Yes. We will talk about our favourite editing software in the course and can show you how to download the software using the App Store on your phone.
I don't know how to use Instagram. Will you teach this social media platform in this class?
No. This workshop is just about creating imagery for social media - if you wish to learn how to use Instagram for personal or business reasons, please see our Instagram workshops.
Other workshops you might like