Have you ever struggled to find art that you love? Or felt overwhelmed with how to frame the art you have bought? Or perhaps you are finding it difficult to know where in your home to hang your beautiful pieces? Well, help is at hand.
In this short workshop we cover all the essentials associated with buying, framing and hanging art. From inexpensive prints to a guide to our favourite artists and galleries, we reveal where we source art and give you recommendations for framers and handymen who can help you.
We also tackle the various styling choices for hanging art – from how high up it should be hung to creating a gallery wall. You will leave this workshop feeling ready to fill your empty walls.
Who is this workshop perfect for?
- Anyone interested in starting an art collection, or adding to an existing collection
- People who are seeking affordable art options
- People who would like guidance with framing and hanging options
- Anyone who has blank walls that they are looking to fill
What you will learn:
- Where to source affordable art in Singapore, overseas and online
- How to work with galleries and source original pieces
- Different frames and mounting options and how they can enhance your art, including recommendations for framers
- Various hanging options, including recommendations for handymen
- Alternative options to traditional art
Duration: 2 hours
Time: 9:30 – 11.30
Maximum Number of Participants: 10
Pre-Requisites: No pre-requisite
What to Bring: Any unframed or framed pieces that you would like to discuss or learn how to style in your home (optional)
Cost: $120 per person
Commonly Asked Questions:
I would like to buy art but I don’t have a big budget. Will you provide advice for where to find affordable art?
Yes. In this workshop we cover the full price spectrum of art – from affordable prints that can be bought online to original pieces from galleries.
I am not interested in buying traditional art that needs framing, will you provide alternative options for ‘art’ that can be hung on walls?
Yes. We will discuss various styling options for filling your walls that doesn’t use traditional art such as paintings or prints.
Will you have a framer at the workshop who can help me with my framing needs?
No. But we can recommend framers we have used in Singapore.
I would like recommendations for stylish ready made frames. Is this something you can provide?
Yes. In addition to discussing custom made framing, we will provide a list of ready made frames that are stylish and affordable.
Other workshops you might like